Korero Maori e!

Tau ke!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Fishing For Prawns

6am Wednesday 18 August: Te Kura o Tahaaroa drove to Taupo to the Huka Falls Pamu Kouraura. A tama lead us around the pamu. He showed us the different types of prawns, also known as shrimps. He shared information about their growth and feeding. Everyone was given their matire and mounu before my crew and I head off to fish in the prawn ponds. We didn't catch anything fore a long while. After almost 25 minutes Marcell shouted excitedly, "Ahaa!"
She had finally caught a prawn on her line. Auntie Shani took it off for us because they look scary with their nippers, before we could fish some more.
If you want help with my kupu hou, drop me a comment and I'll fill you in on the kupu Maori.
Na Hinekura

No comments:

Post a Comment